It’s time for the Good Tastes Tuesday Recipe Link Party this week! Last week there were some great recipes linked up and the recipe I will be highlighting this week was linked up by Angelique from God’s Growing Garden.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you in advance for your support of GRB!
I finally made it, over to wordpress that is! And the new site is up goldenreflectionsblog.com! I hope to see you over here. Right now golden-reflections.com is still separate, but will be redirected over here soon! And you will have to bear with me as I am figured out wordpress and trying to re-design things a little bit! A little bit of a learning curve to say the least from blogger! Any tips that anyone out there has found with wordpress I would greatly appreciate, just leave a comment below!
Blogelina offers 3 amazing free bonuses with this class including FREE hosting through godaddy.com for a year! And that is how goldenreflectionsblog.com was born! She also offers Blogger to WordPress transfers and Blog Makeover Services!
For the class here are the bonuses you get:
- a 60 page class workbook (FREE)
- 4 weekly online classes (FREE)
- hosting through godaddy.com for a year!! (FREE)
- Networking with other bloggers in your class! (Priceless!)
All of this is usually only $17 but until May 31st, Blogelina is offering all of this for FREE! If you have ever wanted to start blogging or are looking into taking your blog to the next level, this is an awesome way to do it!
Simply click on any of the links in this post to get started! You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to grow your blog!
And a HUGE THANK YOU to Tanya @ Blogelina to helping me with my transfer and redesign! I could never have done any of it without her!!
It’s time for another Tommy Nelson review and giveaway! I really love this book!
Little girl’s love purse and Tommy Nelson has made this adorable little My Princess Bible Purse to help teach little girl’s about God’s characteristics. It is based off the verse in Galatians 5:22-23 ” But the spirit gives love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” It uses every day examples to help show your little girl how she can be more like God by showing each of these characteristics in her daily life. The little handle makes it perfect for your little girl to carry like a purse everywhere she goes. The handle also has a little piece of velcro to help it close in place.
My little girl is still a little too young to play with this book, but I can’t wait to show it to her and have her read and learn from it. At 9 months old she is just interested in chewing on it, haha. What I love about this book is that it makes living God’s characteristics fun and also easy to live in their little lives. Each page has sweet pictures to help show that point.
Tommy Nelson is offering GRB readers a chance to win a copy of this cute book! Simply fill out the rafflecopter form below for a chance to win! The giveaway is open until 5/30 at 11:59pm EST. It is open to all US residents 18 and older. One winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified in e-mail. They will have 48 hours to respond with their mailing address. I will then forward their address to Tommy Nelson who will ship the winnings to them directly from their publishing warehouse. I am not responsible for any shipping issues with this giveaway. I was not paid for this review, however I was provided with a copy to review free of charge as part of the Tommy Nelson Mommy program.
Good luck to everyone who enters!
On Friday, May 17th, Golden Reflections Blog will be down for a move to wordpress and a new url of goldenreflectionsblog.com. Thank you for your patience and see you on the other side!!
I am typically a vegetarian, but there is one place that will get me out of vegetarian mode once in a while… Chick-fil-A! I love their salads especially… but who can resist waffle fries?
Chick-fil-a sort of feels like this song for me…
So when I heard about their new #FreshMade premium salads and a wrap with only 430 calories or less, I knew I had to try them!
Don’t these look delicious?! And if you follow me on facebook you will have seen that I am trying to loose some baby weight. These salads and wrap fit right in with my counting calories using the My Fitness Pal app! It’s always hard to try and find something healthy while out and about, especially fast food wise. I will definitely be on the look out for Chick-fil-a on our road trip to Nashville later this week!
Here’s some quick videos on how Chick-Fil-A promotes handcrafted and #FreshMade Products in all their stores!
In order to promote a healthy eating lifestyle and to encourage you to start every day #FreshMade, Chick-fil-a is also rolling out their new #FreshMade blog App! Take a few minutes to explore the new app, find out what kind of “starter” you are and share some of the inspirational quotes on your social media sites, watch videos about the 3 new salads and also get #FreshMade Activity ideas!
But that’s not all…. in order to help promote their new #FreshMade premium salads and wrap Chick-fil-a is offering GRB readers 2 coupons for their #FreshMade salads! Simply fill out the rafflecopter form below to enter! This giveaway will end on May 22nd at 11:59pm. You must have a valid US address, no P.O. Boxes please.
Giveaway Disclaimer: GRB worked in partnership with Chick-fil-a for this giveaway. GRB was not paid, however was given coupons to try the new #FreshMade Premium Salads and Wrap in order to help promote this new product. All links to the #FreshMade blog app and media, except for The Chick-fil-a song video were provided by Chick-fil-a in order to promote this product. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This coming week my husband, daughter and I are traveling to Nashville for the Teach Them Diligently Homeschool Convention! Deciding to homeschool is a very personal decision and one that we have not made lightly! I wanted to share some of the reasons we decided to homeschool our daughter in the future and also share some of my homeschool story.
I am a homeschool graduate myself. My mom work part time as well as homeschooling my brother and me from KG through 12th grade, she was a supermom! I enjoyed my homeschool experience greatly. We were always finished with school at like 1 or 2 pm and enjoyed being outside and playing when our neighbors would get home 2 hours later from public school. They were quite jealous of us too, haha! I was able to start college classes at our local community college at 16 and I graduated from high school a year early!
One thing I remember the most about homeschooling was doing unit studies each year on a certain topic and then exploring the places we learned about that summer on vacation! For example, one year we studied the Civil war. We watched videos from the library, read history books, and also watched Ken Burns series on the Civil war. Then that summer we took a tour of Civil war battle fields in the area. Another year we studied Government and then that summer took a trip to Washington DC to explore our nation’s capital.
When my husband and I were dating and then became engaged, we discussed children and how we wanted to raise them. My husband went to private Christian schools for his school and we both graduated the same year. After graduating and marriage I got a job in a local public school as an Occupational Therapy Assistant working with special needs children. My first day of work was my first time in a public school, other than college!
So deciding to homeschool our daughter actually came very easy for us. Here are some of those reasons:
- Religious – Both David and I grew up as Seventh-Day Adventist Christians are continue to practice as SDAs. A lot of SDAs are homeschooled for religious beliefs and reasons. As SDAs we believe that Saturday is the Sabbath and we also follow the health laws of the old testament (no unclean meats like pork) and many are vegetarian. Being homeschooled makes these lifestyle choices easier and we have a great community with our church for social as well as youth group and Adventurer/Pathfinder club activities. Learning that Jesus is her best friend and He will always be there for her is the most important training we have as parents.
- Educational – I want to be in charge of my child’s education, it’s that simple really! I want to plan what she will learn, when she will learn it, tailoring it to her learning style whatever that may be. This type of learning is hard to do in public school. There is one teacher to almost 30 kids and so individualized teaching is tough! I know there are some amazing teachers out there and I do not want to diminish what they do, but as the saying goes, Mama knows best! And I feel like I will know what is best for my daughter!
- Freedom – Being home schooled actually allows for more freedom in schedules, extra curricular activities, field trips, learning about what interests her etc.
- Social – When most people here you are homeschooling the first question is always, “But what about socialization?!” And my honest answer to that, being in control of who my daughter interacts with and knowing all her friends and their families very well is what I love about homeschooling. My mom always says that I grew up having more lifelong friends than she did being in public school. Both my mom and my husband have lost touch with most of their friends from highschool. I, on the other hand, have very dear friends who I have known for years and still keep in touch over the years. Growing up we were part of homeschool groups, mom and tots groups, and field trip groups and I plan on doing the same with my daughter. Having close friends who grow up in a similar home and lifestyle is important to us, that way we know who our daughter is hanging out with and what kind of influences she will be around. I want her to grow up knowing who she is and very confident in that and being homeschooled, I feel, will give her that!
I am looking forward to the Teach Them Diligently Homeschool Convention this coming week to start planning and getting homeschool ideas! You can follow me on twitter and instagram during the conference to see what all is going on. On twitter you can also follow #hsttd to stay up to date all weekend!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to affiliate websites, which help to support this blog. Thank you in advance for your support!
I want to highlight all of my wonderful Affiliates here at GRB and let you know about some great specials going on in the month of May!
The Pampered Chef
Along with this blog, I am also a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant! I love PC and have so many of their products that I am starting to run out of space in my small farmhouse kitchen! I use their products all the time and this month they have some great specials going on!
Spend $125 with Shabby Apple and get a FREE surprise skit, yes you read that right, FREE!
Also don’t forget to visit my Amazon store!
Thank you in advance for your support of GRB!
I really can’t help myself! I just have to share a few pictures from our latest photo shoot with E! This little girl is so cute, I really can’t help dressing her all up and heading out to take some pictures when it is nice outside! She is changing to much and so fast, I just want to record it all while I can! So here are some of my favorites from our latest shoot last week!